View Single Post
Old 15-08-2016, 10:58   #319
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Perhaps Virgin haven`t announced the prices yet for their new boxes because they`re still testing the water to see how much they can get away with charging customers? As previous posters have said whatever the price is when it`s first launched it`s sure to come down within a few months just like the tivo box did. The key for me is don`t rush in to get it at launch because the fewer uptakes at the start will force down the price much quicker and perhaps lower.
If VM announced prices now then Sky would only alter theirs and VM would have to change theirs making their original prices meaningless. Far better to see how Sky Q is performing and then announce their prices in December. But even then, the number of special deals that VM and Sky do makes price lists irrelevant at times.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
In my experience with technology there's little joy in the pain of being an early adopter - you pay a premium for living with the inevitable bugs and frustrations of new tech.
I'll wait - I'm used to waiting for things to happen, I've got a TiVo!

Agreed. Early adopter = You pay the supplier extra for the privilege of testing their software for them!

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps she has learnt from those infamous comments as we all make comments which later in hindsight we might regret.
I think she went on to head up Vodafone's UK retail broadband and TV operations. More sign of those 100 apps than Vodafone TV!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote