View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 17:38   #268
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not really as they have not announced anything yet. If they publicise their prices this far in advance, Sky will take advantage of that situation to undermine Virgin.

What if, for example, the price was pitched lower than Sky Q? That would give Sky ample time to put together a revised package to compete better with Virgin.

No, I'm sorry, but you are going to have to wait until Virgin are good and ready. We probably won't know until around the launch date.
Just to quote from my earlier post in the this thread (#36):

""So far we've seen very little impact from the Sky Q which is of course a very expensive decoder and we're very focussed on improving the offer we have there and EOS is going to be a big part of that."

That was what Liberty/VM had to say about SkyQ a few months ago. So whatever they do, I cannot imagine they would make their service more expensive than Sky's.