Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 13:26   #175
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Briggs and Haye could be off as Bellew and Haye in talks to fight.

Haye will want it at Heavy rather than Cruiser. Bare in mind a win for Haye will make him Joshua's mandatory. So expect a relinquish from Joshua after his next fight or expect Britain's new golden boy to face a real puncher and as many have it. Find himself face down.

Bellew is insanse. His career was back on track and he's stuck his nose in with a former Unified undisputed Cruiserweight champion of the world whom knocked out every single cruiserweight challenge bar one. Haye didn't leave on a bad note either. He merely jumped weight and became Heavyweight champion. Conclusion is simple, Bellew is absolutely insane. There's no outcome where I can honestly see Bellew still being standing after the 5th round.

Again, Haye won't be cutting now he's finally got a heavyweight look held down.

As for Joshua, there's no way to properly prepare for Haye now so relinquish after the next fight or face a bloke that pundits simply don't have you standing much of a chance against. Isn't just Haye either. Many are now writing Joshua as a body builder with a bit of power rather than a boxer. Can't disagree until we actually see him show a bit of chin and get into a proper scrap. I want this lad to be everything Amir Khan was meant to be but without those ridiculously bad choices along the way. Drop Eddie hearn asap, get to the US and get a big time trainer before you're mixing with the lads that had what you had but failed. Khan, Hatton, likely Brook if he keeps it up.

Bit harsh on Khan given he jumped two weights. But that's exactly what I alluded to when I said bad choices. Khan vs Mayweather still needs to happen. Khan is near unbeatable on points. Couldn't carry any power against Canelo but damn he caught him as you'd expect and honestly, Khan threw punches I never knew he had and I doubt many Welters would take. He'll lose that new found power though and his naturally division is rapidly emptying. Go for Brook. It's boring hype now, Brook hasn't fought anyone in the same league as Khan, Khan wins and Brook is buried. Brook wins and he's finally had a named fighter and can move into the big league.