View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 13:21   #907
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
I suspect the EU have already decided what they are prepared to offer and what's not on offer. They've also decided the terms on which the offers will be made if we invoke Article 50.

The UK needs to be just as ready when they invoke Article 50.
Although the new Prime Minister is still to be put in place work is going on to set up the Civil Service department that will be responsible for the task of untangling the UK’s decades-long relationship with the EU.

Quote:
snippet.....Downing Street this week announced that a new team had been set up in the Cabinet Office, bringing together the “brightest and best” officials to start planning options on Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union for whoever succeeds David Cameron as Tory leader. Cameron is set to step down in September after Britain voted to leave the EU, and has appointed the Home Office’s second permanent secretary Olly Robbins to lead the new unit.

It will draw on support from Treasury, Cabinet Office, Foreign Office and Business department staff, although ministers have said all departments will be involved in its work.
https://www.civilserviceworld.com/ar...team-says-dclg

Oliver Robbins

I know many people think that the Civil Service is a joke but I certainly hope this new Brexit unit does what needs to be done to give our political negotiators the backing they will certainly need in the coming months