Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 00:08   #173
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Eubank Jr calls out Golovkin.... Is he mad? I can't see the kid lasting 30 seconds. There's a reason Froch was all too happy to retire. The current pound for pound king. The chin of wolverine and punches as if he was slamming bricks at your face. The guy is a boxing monster. Eubank is full of it. He's never setting this up.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was 25-06-2016 at 22:14 ----------

Dire. That's probably the best I could give that fight. He fought a broomstick basically. I've only learned negatives from Joshua. The first is he just stands and throws a lot which will leave you standing in the path of a Fury, Hate or Wilder counter. The media have the audacity to call it a masterclass. It wasn't even a contest. The guy was nothing more than a typical bum fighter with a gob that then stood still for 6 and a half rounds with absolutely no defensive skills to show. People had to pay 17 quid to watch a warm up bout. Khan vs Alexander, Pacman vs Bradley III, Ward vs Froch, those were masterclass performances. Stop throwing daft words about at this stage.

The second negative is the power. Why would you rate someone's power so early in his career? Khan, Mayweather and pretty much every boxer starts their career knocking out nobodies in their home town. This is what Joshua is doing like everyone else. I thought he was a one punch wonder but after tonight its clear there's still questions to be answered. Said it before. Chisora is a go to for a good test of where your power is at and for a scrappy fight.

Right now though I'd say Haye, Fury and Wilder could all take AJ out.

I want this lad to be the best in the world but you have to step up opponents. I dubbed it the Hatton effect and you're seeing it now with Kell Brook. The welterweight that avoids anyone with half a reputation. When Brook does finally make that step he will be venturing into unknown waters after 30+ fights, which is ridiculous. We've seen what happens too. Hattin went from his backyard to Floyd and got taught a lesson. Then he was sharply brutalised by the legend Manny. When I look back at both I concede I couldn't see Hatton beating many prizefighters, the guy had no chin because he'd never been tested.

Joshua has only taken one big shot and it sent him reeling. Whens the next one coming? Does he have a chin?

He's getting the Box office attention and Media attention just like a certain Amir Khan did. Give Eddie Hearn a slap, get an American promoter and get this lad some quality opposition and build the next Lewis.

In ring experience is invaluable, but fighting Audley Harrison's won't teach you anything. Take some steady risks and test that chin. Lewis, Ali, Tyson, Klitschko all had something in common. They all lost. In heavyweight boxing a loss doesn't mean that much. The undefeated hype is exactly that, hype.

Peter Fury (Tyson's trainer) Keep Joshua well away from David Haye.

They know it, we know it. Joshua is too motionless at times, and he's just been took to the 6th round with an unknown fighter. Its the same result still, Haye will bury Joshua and the future of British boxing. No reason for a 17-0 to be fighting a known knockout artist. As of typing. David Haye is already the world number three via IBF... If Joshua goes down the mandatory route. He has a New Zealander. Meaning Haye beating Briggs makes him mandatory for Joshua.

"Wilder waited 30 fights" -Joshua

I hope thats a feet planted on the ground moment and him being respectable enough to know he's far from elite just yet. He'd be ready for the dreadful punches of Wilder eventually though. Haye and Fury are too unpredictable. I don't think you're ever truly ready for those fights, same with Klitschko, just how it goes on the night.

Overall I'd rather see 3 British champions for a while. Get Joshua a build up then let them scrap. Let Haye chase Fury instead and leave the future talent alone.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 26-06-2016 at 00:31.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote