View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 16:39   #2784
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
There's a new Now TV box coming out on 25th June, Richard, you might want to wait to see what it's like before deciding.
Will be interesting to see it. As I understand it, it will have an EPG combining the Freeview channels and the Now TV live channels.
Richard, what do you want the streaming device to do that your Smart TV and Tivo cannot deliver at the moment? (But no harm having extra tech if you like it. )

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Well, I prefer to watch things on the TV and also want to have a play about to see what other content is out there.

I am also thinking of downgrading my TiVo package to M for the main/free channels and using streaming services (pay or free) to obtain any extra channels that I want.

The only channel I think i'd miss from XL would be Animal Planet.
Makes sense and a good opportunity to sample Atlantic content too. For the deals you get from time to time, I reckon the Now TV boxes are best value as they are pretty much free but they don't allow access to competitors like Netflix and Amazon though. Then again, Amazon does not provide access to Now TV.