View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016, 21:34   #2760
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Yes, I think they're testing the water with their DisneyLife service. If Disney can make more money selling its content directly then it will. It could work well for Disney as its content spans books and music as well as films and TV. Disney has some strong film franchises but does it - or any one studio - have enough for its own stand-alone film-streaming service. I'm not so sure.
Oooh, totally unaware of this. Most interesting. Thought you were talking about Hulu. Wonder what Sky thinks of it?

As for there being enough content, if you were to include all ABC produced shows, including new ones and including new films which Sky has the rights for at the moment, absolutely. But that's not what will be on this service, so I'm not sure how attractive it would be without all the latest stuff.

Last edited by Horizon; 25-05-2016 at 21:39.