View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016, 16:19   #2749
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As the deal is just for the US, Sky Movies Disney is not affected. My guess this is a trial and if it pays off for Netflix, they may seek to expand it more widely which of course would threaten Sky Movies Disney. But in the UK, they would face a very strong challenge from Sky.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Given the choice of 20% European content (which we have anyway) v a cost of £20bn-£40bn a year of leaving the EU then like VM I'm voting to stay put. It's not a perfect organisation by any stretch of the imagination but independent research shows that we will suffer if we leave.
"The highly respected Institute for Fiscal Studies accused the Brexit campaign on Wednesday of peddling “clearly absurd” figures suggesting Britain would save large sums of money if it left the EU.
Rather than saving £350m a week, or £18bn a year, from Brexit, the IFS research suggests a vote to leave would cost £20bn to £40bn a year and require additional austerity, lasting into the next decade, if the government still wanted to eliminate the deficit."
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b2858ec6-2...#axzz49WKuUSyj (registration required)

Lol, you can argue anything depending on which side you are on, both camps have came up with figures to help their cause, industry leaders from some of our top companies say we should quit, others say we should leave, studies by "highly respected" IFS, lol, thats maybe because they want to stay in?? Anyway this is probably in the wrong forum, but to finish I want us out, I want the UK to control its own destiny and make its own decisions, and not to be run by a bunch of looneys in Brussels, but, most of all, I want control of our borders! Brexit for me.....................

Last edited by Mad Max; 25-05-2016 at 16:40. Reason: just