Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 04:50   #162
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Miracle in Vegas or business as usual. Either way it's time.

---------- Post added at 04:50 ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 ----------

Career over as Khan is downed by Canelo. There's no coming back from this. Why anyone would take a fight like that in the first place is anyone's guess.

Bad decisions, awful defensive training and awful tactics. A career of bad choices after bad choices. So much potential thrown away by arrogance. In an almost mirror image of Danny Garcia with Khan leading the way only to crumble after the tiniest of set backs in a single round. When I first saw this fight announced I had made the assumption it'd be around 145 but to see Khan jump up to fight someone coming in nearer 170 is questionable.

A glass chin didn't lose this fight but I know something that did. Arrogance and false hype. Khan's too busy playing the playboy lifestyle to be a boxer, it's one or the other mate and I think boxing just left him. A year of sitting around doing nothing before announcing a double weight jump? Be serious mate. So much talent draining away in someone all too happy to enjoy the lifestyle perks instead. Floyd mayweather despite being stupidly rich does not let up training yet Amir thinks he has a free pass. Disappointed isn't a strong enough word.

British boxing has once again fell victim to someone that just couldn't be arsed and the evidence was on show for all. The British media have it lopsided claiming without that punch Khan was still getting to Alvarez which is completely wrong as the bias shows, Khan crumbled in the 5th round after taking a few shots and completely throwing whatever game plan he had out of the window and this just continued into the 6th standing around like a tool. Virgil got it completely wrong despite his reputation with this fight. Still what Amir Khan was ever doing at Middleweight is enough to poke at alone. I was wrong to say a loss wouldn't be devastating but now I'm piecing the bigger picture together regarding Khan's lifestyle and it's clear that it's career endgame.