View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 22:21   #1621
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I know you're just trying to be helpful MUD as you always are, but knowing Tinky they would struggle, you have to think about the older Windows OS user here not the younger ones that feel brave enough to do things like that, i know just like my retired parents they wouldn't touch that with a bargepole as it would stress them out too much as they only know Windows, so Windows would be the best option for my parents too.
My primary OS will probably always be a Microsoft one. It has been Windows 10 Pro from about 8 months ago and it is running fine for me (carried out a clean installation rather than an in-place upgrade).

However, Linux Mint with the Cinnamon Desktop is also good. Just as easy, or even easier, to set up and use than Windows 10 I'd say. It has nearly everything included in the installation to make it run out of the box.

Windows 10 when running properly is good but no matter whether young or old, there's no need to be wary of installing Linux Mint. I did so on a spare computer and use it often.

Mart44 - aged seventy-one and a half.
mart44 is offline   Reply With Quote