Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2015, 19:11   #123
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Jose Aldo's corner 13 seconds into UFC 194's main event and the biggest main event in UFC History.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cbRNmXWkQWWty/giphy.gif

UFC was never expected to break a 9 million gate but broke 10.1 gone making it the highest MMA PPV in history as numbers continue to climb.

Fastest rising sport in the world.

Onto Joshua and my absence given the later bouts that night.

Joshua showed me everything I already knew and what british boxing fans are so keen to miss and just avoid completely. He isn't ready. He just isn't. He's not even remotely close to a World Title level fighter yet and he's consistently hyped up as the next Lewis.. that's damaging. He was half a second away from being knocked out in that fight. This is a fighter whom for months on end chased Fury and Haye.

I have no doubt in my mind at all, had he been facing Haye in there he was gone and out within that second round. Haye will utterly dismantle Anthony Joshua in a massively lopsided fight, so for the sake of British Boxing just leave this well alone. Joshua is quiet, Haye isn't it. Joshua should never have opened his mouth and Haye should be thinking about the future of the British Heavyweight division, not his own pocket.

Joshua is exciting but again he needs to keep taking it slow and stepping up. Anyone that tells him he's ready for bigger and better things is completely wrong and should be sacked on the spot. They're talking about Chisora next but I think that's too much of a gamble early on. I'd prefer a middle man between Whyte and then Chisora. Gradually increasing his way to the top level. No fighting bums for 30 fights and no jumping into the ring with the big boys at 15 fights.

Joshua is the best prospect since Lewis granted. It doesn't just come to you though, you need to work for it. Joshua adapted to that fight and coped well in the end. Either way he's nowhere near the top 10 heavyweights in the world.

Haye and Fury could be long gone before Joshua is that level.

Like I said though, Joshua knows and has openly admitted he's nowhere near Haye or Fury and it was a heat of the moment thing. Haye however is gunning for him big time. If Haye has any respect for his fans.. take note that we don't want it.