View Single Post
Old 28-11-2015, 01:43   #2279
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Verizon and Comcast have released STBs that stop you from fast fowarding the adverts, expect similar devices in the UK within next 4 or 5 years.
Streaming companies will probablly follow HULUs example one price for a comercial plan say £8p/m and a higher costing plan for no commercials say £12p/m. HULU currently do this commercial plan $7.99p/m (£5.20) and none commercial $11.99p/m (£8.25).

If the STB's do stop FFW through ads, that will suck. But Tivo bolt will let you skip them anyway. If the worst comes to the worst, I will simply choose to keep an STB that allows me to ffw through ads for as long as I can.

I simply refuse to believe HULU (or anyone) will be able make more money through non-ad subscriptions than advertisers. You can not tell me that they could get more than the £3.05 per month per customer which they currently charge. Ad free viewing is just a rouse to get people buying streaming services, when the subscription figures are high enough, they will pull the rug out from under the ad free viewing.