View Single Post
Old 29-09-2015, 11:55   #1394
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

<<long screed alert>>

I was one of the many frustrated MS window users who were stuck with the 80040020 error message appearing every day. Took me ages to find out that the message didn't necessarily mean that I actually had an error but that Microsoft had decided to protect their servers from being overwhelmed. I was a tad peeved that, having reserved my upgrade to W10 very early on, Microsoft had left me and a lot of others in limbo trying to figure out what was wrong.

There were solutions out there but as they involved wiping folders and entering code in that scary black box, some fellow members will know that this timorous beastie does not cope well with instructions about typing anything in that thing , so I decided to wait until MS thought I was worthy enough to be upgraded.

This weekend, being stuck with bed rest for the third week running meant I was very very BORED so I had a play around and wondered just how much damage I could wreck using the MS media creation tool and, much to my delight, after a couple of hours of peeping at the screen over the top of my hand I finally have Windows 10!!!!!!! so there are now 10,000,001 users.

Initial thoughts are that I don't like the new start screen despite getting rid of most of the tiles, so have gone back to using StartisBack.

I talk to enough inanimate objects in my life and the idea of one of them answering me back freaks me out so no thanks Cortana.

Not overly impressed with Edge, will keep an eye on how it develops but in the mean time will continue to use Firefox.

Switch on to actually browsing seems a lot faster but that could be down to being bored enough to spend time clearing away the rubbish that I seemed to have lying around on my HD.

My Panda Free 2016 anti virus seems to be working well as is my Malwarebytes anti-exploit.

... and the best news is that I am off bad rest so my laptop can breath easier as I won't keep fiddling with it's settings.