View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 08:07   #1362
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has changed default browser from Edge and how this has worked. I still get a box asking me if I want to use my new browser every time I click a link

I use Firefox 40.0.3 too.

I had the same difficulty as you at first. Even though I changed the default away from Edge, when asked, I continued to be asked every time I started Firefox up.
To permanently change default settings for all kinds of apps go to SETTINGS.

Start > Settings > System > Default Apps

I now have Irfan View as my default for photos, WinAmp for music and CDs, VLC for Video and DVD. I am trying the Windows 10 default for Mail and Calendar. The calendar integrates nicely with our Google-based family calendar on this PC, but won't detect it on my son's laptop. Mail works a bit like an Outlook Lite. I will probably go back to Outlook.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote