View Single Post
Old 14-08-2015, 13:44   #1206
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Did you check the activation status prior to reverting back? Having your key active for W10 whether or not you're running it is a good idea just incase you want to upgrade later on after the years free upgrade. Having said that what happened with your upgrade?
I still have the little 'windows' icon in my systems tray(?) so would still be able to upgrade at a later date. I had several annoying things happening, Windows Live Mail kept asking me to log in with one of my other email accounts, even though I could see the emails in the background being downloaded. Couldn't find the snipping tool, and also the search kept taking me on the web instead of searching the lappy, so I began to get teasy (as they say down here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Sorry to hear that..but you are aware that support is finishing for Windows 7.

Mainstream ended in January.You have another 5 years until the end of extended support.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/lifecycle
Thanks for that Maggy but at my age 5 years is a lifetime, also it's debatable if this laptop will last that long.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote