View Single Post
Old 20-07-2015, 17:37   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Mobile downgrading VIP Tarif from Unlimited to 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Don't three offer unlimited data still?
Yes, they do. And consequently they're also the slowest network and have the worst coverage for 4G. And it's not truly unlimited, only unlimited for certain types of data, plus they also don't offer unlimited data while abroad.

Quote:
Vodafone offer 20GB on some of their plans. That's almost unlimited and for first three months of any new contract you do get fully unlimited data test drive.
What makes 20GB more "almost unlimited" than 4GB or 40GB?

Quote:
Well I can barely get facebook app to load photos just now and Web browsing is painful. You may be happy to accept slow speeds but I am not.
I didn't say I'm happy, but given all providers either cap or throttle or both while abroad, I had to make do and it worked out fine. And speed isn't everything. EE has the fastest 4G speeds, yet a third of the time web pages won't load at all (compared to <3% of the time on all other networks). Though given a choice of 20Mbps with 1 in 3 pages failing to load, or 0.4Mbps with 99.9% reliability, I'm not entirely sure which I'd choose.

Quote:
Why offer me unlimited data if you don't actually want me to use it.
Did you not even read the OP? I thought this whole thread was about the fact VM are not offering you unlimited data anymore.

The whole point of unlimited data was as a cash cow to make money out of people who have no idea how much they use and would rather pay extra for "assurance" they won't get excess charges, same as unlimited calls or unlimited texts (both of which also had fair use limits in previous times). Charge people for more than they actually use, and punish people for using more than they pay.

Quote:
Pointless really.
What makes 4GB more pointless than 20GB or 40GB? Again, I see nothing here but your personal grievances that packages meant for most other people aren't enough for your particular heavy use. How's that ever been different to STM and fair use policies on fixed broadband?

Virgin Mobile are aiming for cheapo, low-end users. If you need more - then it may be pointless for you, but it's still perfectly sufficient for >90% of everyone else.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote