View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 15:46   #407
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Not saying they aren't going sub based but saying it's a good idea is absurd. From Microsoft's point of view it's money making genius, from the consumer point of view it's an an absolute disaster.

Windows 7 kind of reminds me of XP in a way people want to remain on it as long as vaiably possible. If you're into PC gaming that goes straight out of the window, of course you'd need Windows 10 for DX12.

Might be just me but everything about Microsoft has been rife for the past few years. The one size fits all strategy for Windows 8 was hideous. The Xbox one is the most idea lacking overpriced piece of equipment I've seen, their original ideas for it were marketing disasters.

I'm starting to actually believe SteamOS is the only saviour for us that have spent big on equipment because I can't see myself moving to Windows 10 if subs and a one size fits all model persist.

I'm looking for reasons not to have to change to a completely different OS so I'd appreciate those reasons to get Windows 10 if anyone has any.
it not happening Microsoft stated aim is to have 1 billion windows 10 users in 2 to 3 years a subscription model not going to happen at all believe Paul Thurott and Mary Jo Foley on this
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote