View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 15:02   #272
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
FWIW I'd avoid braded hoses. I put a set of goodridge ones on my 45 and both fronts failed. I much rather decent OEM spec rubber hoses for road use now.
Mmm. Something to think about. Modders reckon they tighten up the brake feel and take some slop out of the action. I'll go see what the peeps think on the mg-rover.org forum.

Quote:
Does your GTi have the vented front discs? I always found the solid disc/drum setup on my 1.1s pretty good, especially after nipping the rear brake adjusters up.
Fronts are fully vented with sliding calipers and very positive. Rear drums are basically like the old mini: Leading / trailing shoe. Last couple of MOTs I've struggled with them to get enough brake action to keep the tester happy, I wonder if the criteria has been changed? Though the handbrake does hold on a 1 in 6 hill (backwards!) as I discovered recently.

Mind you the last thing you want when anchoring up hard is for the rear braking to be too agressive.