View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:20   #82
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: Sky announces Now TV set-top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Last time when my 50% deal expired I cancelled TV, but kept my broadband and phone active advising these would be cancelled too once I'd decided which provider to use for TV. Within 2 weeks they came back offering me 50% off to take a new 12 month contract. In the end it turned out to be more like 60% off when SKY decided to give me broadband for free. At least this time when I cancel I'll have the 4 month pass allowing me to continue enjoying SKY programming until they comeback with a great new deal
I think, tbh, that Sky will move towards offering the same deals on "winback" as they offer to new customers, ie top discount of 25% off with a new box on 12 month contract or without the new box without a contract.

Lot's of new customers are joining without discounts on tv so this will be the eventual goal.

Historically Virgin didn't discount and lead on the benefits of faster broadband.

Sky are hoping that if they reduce discounts that the market will reciprocate.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote