Thread: Racing (Car) Formula 1 2014 Season
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2014, 13:05   #160
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Formula 1 2014 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
To me if you have two strong drivers in a team you let them race and you do not try to impose a order onto one of them which is exactly what they tried to do.

Hopefully that black cat will have disappeared by Spa for Hamilton.
I think what it showed was an inflexibility in the Merc garage. They'd clearly set their strategy based on it being very unlikely that Lewis would do much and that Nico was set for the win. Unfortunately they didn't manage to roll with the changes brought about by the safety car and the excellent recovery drive from Hamilton. I've no doubt it was motivated by a desire to accumulate the maximum possible team points from the race, but it was badly handled, poorly communicated to both drivers and ultimately the wrong call - Rosberg lost the win when he failed to get past the Toro Rosso, not because of Hamilton.

Set up nicely for Spa - I'm sure some things will have been ironed out internally by the time we get there.