View Single Post
Old 27-01-2014, 20:10   #1734
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
There has been an update for the Blu Ray Player app and other forums sem to suggest this is a fix for the 24Hz issue
Alas, it seems to me that it sucks for other reasons

I had been avoiding using the Xbox One for Blu-rays anyway, due to the lack of Dolby Digital.

But tonight my wife wanted to use it to watch one of her BDs (Dreamgirls ) because she's fed up with the PS3's noise.

There's a particular musical number with a long circular tracking shot. Perfect for noticing judder. And it *really* juddered...It was awful, extremely noticeable.

I was worried it might be my nice new TV, so as a test I took the disc out and stuck it in the PS3 instead and skipped to the same scene... Perfect. No judder, just a nice smooth circular tracking shot.

Both consoles have 24Hz enabled, and both had the same settings on the TV (with LG's various DNR and other processing disabled). The PS3 handled 24Hz as it should, whereas the Xbox One was terrible.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote