Thread: UK Timeline The Musketeers
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2014, 16:12   #16
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Musketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So did anyone watch it?

I'm unsure need to watch another episode or 2.
It was undemanding and a bit of a romp ... more Casanova (Tennant/O'Toole) than Ripper Street. The plot was totally, 100%, off-the shelf, written by the numbers and yet after about half an hour the writer was using dialogue to explain plot developments that I had worked out within the first 5 minutes. And that's saying something, because I normally try to switch off during these sorts of things so I can be enjoyably surprised even if it's a bit obvious.

Nevertheless it was well made, the characters were engaging and Peter Capaldi was really rather good. There's nothing else to do at 9pm on a Sunday so I will be following it for the time being at least.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote