View Single Post
Old 17-12-2013, 18:34   #4
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: NOW TV - Good deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That was my feeling too at first but I can see how it offers some value.

Say you buy 2 of the boxes, costing a total of £69.98, you'll have 10 SKY Sports day passes in total. This is ideal for example for F1 fans.

SKY has exclusive live broadcast rights to 10 of the races from the F1 calendar. So instead of having to subscribe to SKY Sports from March to November, at a cost of £27.25 per month, F1 fans have a much cheaper alternative. They can buy the 10 day passes and watch the races not covered by the BBC without the need of having a full SKY Sports subscription.

It's something I'm considering as I mainly watch boxing on SKY Sports. Rather than paying over £300.00 for a SKY Sports subscription, I could buy a couple of NOW TV boxes and use the SKY Sports day passes to watch the boxing shows I'm genuinely interested in. As a nice little bonus I'll be able to catch Super Sunday the following day as part of the 24 hour pass.

A combination of Boxnation, BT Sports and some carefully used SKY Sports day passes will cover all of my sporting needs.
still cheaper subscribing monthly that paying the rip off day pass
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote