View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 22:01   #1563
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Edge always have a go on the X1 though ever since their PS4 front page.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

I don't regret buying mine, games will get better eventually and software will improve.

I did think about buying both consoles but I can't see the point as my life doesn't let me spend hours every day gaming, I have also grown out of it a lot now. I would almost certainly end up favouring 1 console where the other would gather dust.
I don't regret my purchase, but someone at MS really needs their head examined.

No quick and easy access to Friends, Messages, Parties, or Achievements via a Guide-like mini-dash, unlike the 360.

Parties are a mess, unlike the 360.

Friends/Followers is a nice idea but badly implemented. e.g. There are no incoming "Friend requests" (Follower notifications) unlike the 360; people you Follow but who don't Follow you back are still classed as Friends rather than being in a separate Following section (e.g. a section with pending outgoing Friend requests); full Friends are lumped in with your one-way Followers, etc.

There's currently no Dolby Digital, unlike the 360.

There's no support for browsing media servers, unlike the 360.

There's no support for media on USB devices, unlike the 360.

There's no support for USB external storage, unlike the 360.

There's no support for 3D BDs*, unlike the PS3. [* This may be deliberate, due to the Kinect 2 messing with active 3D glasses that use IR.]

PAL DVDs are forced to 60Hz, unlike the 360.

The HDMI passthrough is active-only, plus darkens anything put through it, plus causes issues with 50Hz sources.

etc. etc.

Some of these have been acknowledged (e.g. Dolby Digital and also the external storage issue), but we don't know if/when they or the others will be fixed.

It's not all bad, as some of it is done very well, and it has some very good concepts in there, but overall? Hmm... Lots of work is needed...

Yeah, fine, it's a "work in progress" and has "only just launched"... but some of these things should have been there at launch. Some people say "Oh but the 360 took ages to get those features" but that is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter if the 360 took ages to get any of those features, it has them now and therefore to maintain feature parity the X1 should have them now too. To be missing features the 360 has enjoyed for ages is bloody stupid, as is having a UI that seems to have taken a step backwards regarding usability in some areas.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Oh, and another thing:

The "Upload" app is not used to upload...It's just the viewing part of the GameDVR. To actually upload anything you need to use Upload Studio. Why not just call the Upload app GameDVR instead of naming it after something it doesn't actually do?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote