Thread: Boxing 2013
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2013, 02:10   #172
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing 2013

Carl Froch urged to retire by boxing world. Don King among others tell Froch it's time to hang it up whilst he still has titles.

I've criticized Froch massively in the last week and in a way I've always criticized him as a boxer but I'll defend him here. This is a massive overreaction. They're telling him to retire based on Groves and Jermaine Taylor? Groves will be superior. He's already on a different level to Froch. You're basically telling the entire welterweight division to retire because Mayweather can't be got at. Jermaine Taylor on the other hand was known to hit big but he's rubbish and has no idea how to preserve himself for 12 rounds which ended up with him decked in the 12th. I'd agree with most on telling Froch to avoid the Groves rematch. Avoid Ward too. Sounds like the easy way out but Froch just doesn't have it. Put another thriller on against Kessler or something. For the love of god do not get in the ring with Gennady. I mean people are begging to see the ward rematch but let's clear a few things up.

Ward won't take the Froch fight in the UK so it'll be a US fight with typical Vegas judges. Means one thing really and that's Froch would need to knock ward out to come home the winner. Knocking out ward is extremely unlikely. Ward would get a home decision regardless of outcome. Froch hasn't reached the level Khan has in the US in which the home fighter bias is eliminated. In fact the Americans love Khan due to the excitement he brings to boxing.

I think another who's being left out a lot is Kell Brook. He fights all the time but Khan gets the attention despite doing nothing this year.