View Single Post
Old 15-08-2013, 13:55   #47
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Why are we still bothering with SD?

I would like to see one of 2 things:

1: I have always wondered, is it not possible to build something into the new supposedly intelligent boxes whereby if you go to an SD channel, the box can automatically forward you to the HD version of the channel instantly. There could be an option in the menu of the TIVO box something like "HD TV Channels only" and if you tick it you are basically saying you have a HD TV and always want to watch and record HD where possible.

In fact, we do not even need that, since the STB's Virgin use should know they are running on a HD TV since you select what picture quality you want in the menu depending on the TV being used. This could trigger this menu option for HD Channels.

2: Better still...I would like to see the SD channel numbers 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 etc, become HD. It should be the SD channels that are 108, 113, 151, 140 etc. It's ridiculous that we have to go hunting for the HD channel over the SD one now. The priority and weight should be towards HD.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote