View Single Post
Old 31-01-2013, 21:08   #113
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Is that vented to the outside?

I've done ours to a disused chimney flue 'cos it's convenient. Grease filters installed.
Yes, horizontally (with recommended downward slope to prevent condensation running back), from the internal wall where the cooker is sited to the external wall where there was already an extractor fan. I removed the fan and was delighted to find the installer helpfully whacked a five-inch hole through to the outside, larger than he needed for his fan installation but exactly the right size for me. The complete run is about 40cm vertical, then 1,500cm horizontal including a couple of 45 degree turns to overcome the fact the existing hole in the wall wasn't exactly where I needed it to be.

And the whole job was done with rigid polypipe, hence the sweating and straining to get it all in place in one go.

When I came home this evening, the back garden smelled of chicken casserole and indoors the kitchen barely smelled of anything.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote