View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 18:41   #25
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Olympics - which sports should be there?

My main thought is that sports like football, rugby and the like take a long time to complete and take up a whole venue. The smaller versions 5-a-side, rugby sevens can have multiple games in the same venue over the same period and seem better suited to an event like the olympics that runs for 14 days. Also the smaller team size may allow smaller nations to participate which would be good.

I also like the idea of levelling the field so that smaller and poorer nations can compete and have chances of winning. A big problem with the professional level is that the split between the top (pro) teams and the more amateur is so great the latter just don't stand a chance. Surely it would be more sporting to have closer results and a more "friendly" atmosphere. Don't think we can ever go back though as people want to see the best not just good competition.