Thread: Tennis The General Tennis Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 15:01   #104
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Huh? What is it about sensational tennis that is about deftness of touch, reading of the game and superb shot making rather than sheer power that you don't like? It sounds to me like you don't like Tennis very much?

I don't like Federer for the very same reason I never liked Sampras. When it comes to tennis they are perfect. It's there robotic nature that I have never liked. Almost non human - but that's because they are/were both so incredibly focussed when playing.

My fave players have always had this edgyness to them - McEnroe, Leconte, Agassi, even Murray.

I really wanted to see Murray win yesterday but unfortunately he came up against a tennis player who ended up playing some outstanding stuff and well deserved his victory!

By the way I think Murray crying at the end really showed how much he wanted to win Wimbledon. He's got all the money he needs, he desparately wants to win a grand slam. Unfortunately he is up against 3 of the best tennis players ever, all playing at the same time!