Thread: Cricket The General Cricket Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:14   #1203
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Cricket has been run by big business for a few years namely Sky with matches being sceduled to fit in with viewing in the one day game ie in the summer sky will have a 40 over match on around three times a week and the 20/20 frormat is very TV friendly.

The one day game is absolutely huge in india its as you say where the crowd/cash is,but in the UK and Australia test match cricket is still pretty popular personally myself what i can see happening is what is already taking palce ie much less test cricket and much more one day,cannot really see the format being changed for tests ,the only change i could see envisaged may be to take test matches from 5 to 4 days,but even that i have my doubts about .

Big business is one thing the corporates already sponsor matches my own ground has been christened the "ford county ground"! (not for me i still call it the county ground) and banks appear all over match day programmes,but Stanford was something else a one man bandwagon out for himself,even the west indies team who won his 20/20 competition lost money the clever ones took the cash some of the others invested it with er -----Stanford and lost it.
I too think it'd be a great loss if test cricket were to be changed or fade away but I can see it happening and the time/resources involved for test series are so great and even in the UK crowds for matches with lesser teams are not great.

Who could have predicted the changes being made to snooker recently? I hope cricket doesn't go the same way.