View Single Post
Old 25-09-2011, 03:16   #656
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Apart from where you were caning it a bit after 12 and a bit after 3 that graph doesn't look too bad Mr? Le Pa.

Yours is fine Neo-Tech. A little difference at peak times is to be expected really. Graphs that are virtually flat all the time are the exception rather than the rule on VM due to cable being so much more sensitive to load.

There needs to be some expectation management. When doing these graphs the key thing has to be, always, how they are affecting the connection in actual use.
True, but for me personally on my graphs when I see the blue as thick as the green or thicker there is an impact in real world use, the extra latency is noticeable on web browsing and when using ssh (slightly if not too thick). I also start seeing download speed fluctuation.

I manage my own expectation by comparing it to other VM connections, especially my neighbour's, the way I see it if VM can make the service good for mr blue then there can reasonably do so for mr black.

A part of leics (kirby muxloe) which has infinity as competition has had more capacity allocated to it for less customers than my own area, so its not as if VM are equally provisioning capacity to people. One person can get leased line type performance another can get isdn type performance.

I hope you not condoning over subscription.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote