Thread: Cricket The General Cricket Thread
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2011, 17:33   #796
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cricket

I think England have performed very well and deserve every shred of credit for their results. The played well and thrashed the team they were up against. That's all any team can do and having seen England teams snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so many times over the years, it was great to see a thoroughly professional outfit who took total control, kept it and never let India back in the series.

There's no doubt in my mind that India looked a bit jaded at times - a bit too much cricket possibly - but we mustn't overlook the part that the England team played in making them look lacklustre. During the first test England wobbled seriously and only the tail end got us out of real trouble. The Indians didn't look too shabby then did they.

Whatever England achieved and no matter wild/exaggerrated claims the media may make about who's best etc., I don't think Strauss and Co. are going to let any of that go to their heads. They realise how tough it's going to be to hold onto top spot but won't give it up easily.