View Single Post
Old 17-04-2011, 23:59   #49
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Renewals & Cancellations : 2011

Well, although Stargate Universe had already been cancelled, there had been a slight hope that the SG franchise may still return with some sort of TV movie (if not to wrap up SG:U, then perhaps the mooted SG:A movie or another SG-1 movie).

Alas, that hope has been dashed. Stargate is dead.

"SGU continuation, other movies dead — for now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateWorld
Don’t expect to see Stargate Universe — or any other part of the franchise — come blazing back on television or DVD. At least not in the near future.

Stargate writer, executive producer and mastermind Brad Wright took the stage earlier today at Creation Entertainment’s Official Stargate Convention in Vancouver, British Columbia and proceeded to update and clear the air on the fate of the latest series, Stargate Universe.

“We just recently found out that the SGU movie is not going to happen,” Wright said during his stage panel today. “It took too long. We just couldn’t get it together in time, and the window has closed. It’s actually sad for me, because after 17 years, I’m cleaning out my desk tomorrow morning.”

(snip)

Wright also confirmed that the proposed Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis movies have been permanently shelved, along with another movie idea he had been trying to get a greenlight on, which would have combined and involved cast members of all three series. Scripts for the first two of those projects, tentatively titled Stargate: Revolution and Stargate: Extinction (respectively), were completed well over a year ago.

(snip)
Damn

I'm now at mid-season 7 of SG-1 on my Stargate run-through. Going to be re-watching SGA in parallel soon.