Thread: UK Timeline X Factor: 2010
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2010, 17:42   #307
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: X Factor: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Paul Potts is still around even after being dropped by Simon Cowell's SYCO label and has gone onto bigger things. http://www.paulpottsmusic.net/
Oh, I am not saying I have provided an exhaustive list. I did find a few more people when I looked into it. The people I typed were just the ones I could think of.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I think Neil Fox's summary was spot on, on Sky News this morning of why many winners fail to make it after the hype of the shows of the X-Factor and other talent shows dies (if you can call it talent at times) is because once the shows are over, you are left to fend for yourself, these contestant winners are not obviously good song writers and usually end up doing covers of already previously released material.

Unless Matt Cardle can pull off some good tunes and keeps up his own hype, he will follow in the foot steps in to the Forgotten hall of shame of X-Factor winners, Steve Brookstein, Leon Jackson and Shayne Ward and not far behind him it would seem is last years winner, Joe McElderry, his latest released song "Someone Wake me Up" limped in at 68 in this weeks UK charts, so not even reaching the top 40 is pretty bad IMO.
That's one problem I have with these shows. They drop people as soon as the next winner comes along. I'll admit, that's not something done exclusively by these shows (the industry as a whole is quite capable of doing it). How must it be for those people? One day, your at number 1, and having people almost throw new songs at you (not to mention sponsorships for tours) and inviting you to record them in the best studios with the best engineers/producers/composers/musicians. The next, you are left with nothing. Maybe a job acting in a West End Musical, or a slot on some nostalgia tour.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote