View Single Post
Old 19-08-2010, 08:32   #5
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Is my supplied router (WNR2000) rubbish? Best alternatives?

Ive found the netgear WNR2000 isnt necessarily a rubbish router but it doesn't seem to handle fluctuations in bandwidth too well, I get frequent lag spikes which I believe is down to a over utilised upstream port and for the last few days have been trying the afore mentioned router again, with evident lag spikes

Ive just switched back to my Linksys wrt610n and gaming is definitely smoother, however Ive had some minor issues also with the Linksys, because having 2 games consoles, PS3 and an Xbox, I cant seem to sustain an open NAT on both units unless I chuck each consoles mac address in the DMZ, and for some reason the PS3 has stopped being seen in the attached devices part of the router.

I don't doubt the Linksys is a pretty decent piece of kit, but I would be interested in changing the firmware if anyone has any tips.

So back to the OP, in short I would say the WNR2000 can suffer from poor wireless performance but before you use it to prop doors open try changing the wireless channel and see how it goes.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote