Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who : Season 5
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 22:51   #277
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Re: Doctor Who : Season 5

I think I finally worked out what is missing from Matt Smith's portrayal of Dr Who. But I don't think anything can be done about it. Ever since the first Doctor there has been a sense of older and wiser than his years, a maturity if you will about the Doctor, his past, his origins etc. Matt doesn't have that, he's 26, he is lacking the life experience to bring that sense of age to the role. He comes across as a sixth former trying to play Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the doctor and reading from an autocue. We are 10 episodes in and there is nothing that is definitively 'Matt Smith' about the role.

There is something to consider though. TimeLords only had 12 regenerations because of the Decree of Rassilon. Now that Gallifrey has fallen, the Eye of Harmony with it (Hence the Tardis needed to refuel at the rift in Cardiff) does the Decree of Rassilon still stand? If not, then there may be many more regenerations and the next Doctor may be post-pubescent.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote