Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who : Season 5
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2010, 20:11   #216
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who : Season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yep, I got the standard reply too. Unfortunately I think in all the focus on last Saturday's mess, they may miss the important, wider point: that it is incredibly annoying to see promos of this kind on top of any programme, not just Doctor Who. It's just disrespectful of all the people who worked to make the programme and contemptuous of the viewers who tuned in to watch and enjoy the show, not to sit and be advertised at.
Totally

Squeezing the end credits, or simply talking over them, is also extremely annoying, and something I wish all broadcasters would stop doing.

Banners ("IPPs" according to people at DS) like we had on Saturday really are the worst intrusion though. And it is bad enough when the commercial channels do this sort of US-style nonsense, but for the BBC to do it - on anything - is just plain wrong. It's a publicly funded public service broadcaster & should not be doing all this sort of self-promoting commercial rubbish.

When I see these sort of things, I get the impression that the broadcasters consider myself and all the other viewers to be idiots.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote