View Single Post
Old 24-08-2009, 21:50   #10
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Another Sky+ problem?

Well from what I can see the latest problem was the same as before. MIL is getting on a bit and having talked to her about the sequence of events, I'm not certain she did everything she said she did in the order I'd told her over the phone I quickly ruled out the TV being at fault then switched off the box, removed and reinserted the card and everything worked fine. I think she just panicked to be honest but it seems to me that either something's up with the card or the box because that's twice the same thing has happened in a week or so.

Having looked through her paperwork she found the documentation which showed the unit is over a year old, however she also found an extended warranty certificate she received shortly after the installation. Apparently she was cold-called a few days later by a company offering an extended Sky+ warranty for £65 and accepted it without too much thought at the time. They rather 'scared' her into it I feel. I'm not a big fan of these things and it's odd because she told me that they'd offered her an additional 15 months cover but although the cover start date is correctly shown on the certificate the end date is blank.. I'd guess the company has some sort of contract with Sky but does anyone know anything about them and whether or not the cover they provide is worth more than the paper it's printed on? She may be needing to call them if this carries on....

Cheers all.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote