View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 16:13   #15
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Football Close Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Its been going around the Spurs forums and the ITKs that Spurs have been in some talks with Villa over Barry. Few expect him to come to us, but apparently he and his family are made Spurs fans which may help us over City. We have a rigid wage structure so he won't get silly money from us. The announcement from Villa was a surprise but I think it might be to egg up our side of the negotiations?

We aren't short of decent CMs but he is quality. Him and Palacios in CM would be immense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I hate it when some one that kisses the badge and says he's one of you leaves, at least when it's for the Liverpool's and United's it's easier to accept but City, do me a favour, yet another mercenary, although perhaps he is using these talks to get Liverpool to show their hand.
I hope that's the reasoning behind it. This time last year, most of the Villa fans hated him but, by performing as well as he has this season, he got the majority of them back on his side. If he leaves to a team who have performed worse than Villa, he's going to leave a nasty taste for quite a while...

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

According to The Guardian, the deal for Barry could even go through tonight

At 12 million quid, it's a good deal financially for Villa, but who on earth can we get to replace him? It definitely appears like he's gone for the money, so a lot of goodwill will be lost...
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote