Thread: Wrestling = art
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2009, 17:18   #6
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age
Re: Wrestling = art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I know most of you don't take wrestling seriously and doubt there is any real skill involved but I found this on my travels and demonstrates the purity of good wrestling timing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUgedVG-G8

This is the sort of thing we can only hope to acheive.
The problem is; when most people think of professional wrestling, they think of "sports entertainment", basically WWE et al. Which as you're obviously aware is nothing like the Japanese style, or even American indie promotions like Ring of Honor. It's the whole "sports entertainment" stuff which gives wrestling such a joke reputation in the West.

When was the last time you saw an exchange of moves like that in WWE? Or even close? TNA does seem to at least put a bit more emphasis into the actual wrestling side of things.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote