Thread: US Timeline V - 2009 : Season 1
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2009, 15:58   #26
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: V (reboot) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The re-boot looks promising, if the clips are anything to go by. There was something genuinely chilling about the sequence with the journalist. Now I want to know whether he's going to sell out or not!

Good scifi can be a great vehicle for exploring difficult human issues by taking them out of their familiar settings. The original V worked well like that, as an examination firstly of the Holocaust and later of the nature of armed (but hopelessly outgunned) guerilla resistance. But that's not to say the re-make needs to do the same thing. Just as the re-booted BSG used the same basic storyline to examine a completely different range of issues, the re-booted V can happily do likewise. Actually I hope it does - there are some obvious targets out there (raping of Earth's resources would be a natural fit).

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Incidentally, did anyone else have trouble making that link work in Firefox? I got the homepage OK but I couldn't make the V page open. Had to go to Safari eventually.
If you have no script running in FF, just right click on the empty box and click on allow or temp allow, it works then.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote