Thread: US Timeline V - 2009 : Season 1
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2009, 14:03   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: V (reboot) thread

The re-boot looks promising, if the clips are anything to go by. There was something genuinely chilling about the sequence with the journalist. Now I want to know whether he's going to sell out or not!

Good scifi can be a great vehicle for exploring difficult human issues by taking them out of their familiar settings. The original V worked well like that, as an examination firstly of the Holocaust and later of the nature of armed (but hopelessly outgunned) guerilla resistance. But that's not to say the re-make needs to do the same thing. Just as the re-booted BSG used the same basic storyline to examine a completely different range of issues, the re-booted V can happily do likewise. Actually I hope it does - there are some obvious targets out there (raping of Earth's resources would be a natural fit).

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Incidentally, did anyone else have trouble making that link work in Firefox? I got the homepage OK but I couldn't make the V page open. Had to go to Safari eventually.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote