View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 09:19   #4
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Actiontec - Password help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 142480 View Post
I have an Actiontec router working very well thankyou. But when I set up the security on it a while ago, I forgot to retain my password. Does anyone know how I can find out what it is without having to reset from scratch???

Please help with non-technical info!

Thanks.
If you just seth the WEP/WPA password, then you can follow the instructions whydoineedatech gave.

If you also reset the administrator password, then you'll need to do a factory reset (which will return all options to their defaults).

It's worth noting that if anyone publishes details of how to retrieve your password, then it would be against forum rules, and would also allow any random hacker who happens to be passing your way (and it *does* happen) access to your network.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote