View Single Post
Old 14-04-2008, 22:21   #5
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: A Few Questions About Powerline Adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
I am planning on getting a set of Powerline adapters so i can get my PS2 online. I was wondering if i would have to pay for the connection running through my home electrics and also would it work on a Extension cable?
Technically yes it would cost you as the adaptors need power to operate :p But it's not much power (Probably less than most broadband routers.etc use and those get left on all the time) and if you were that worried about it you could turn them off when your not using them

They do work on the extension cables as until recently I used them that way (although not the surge suppressed ones at least not very well if at all..)

Biggest downside is they get slower the more you add (well the UPA ones do not sure about Homeplug but i would think its the same)
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote