View Single Post
Old 28-02-2008, 09:19   #26
Pacman1854
Inactive

Services: Telewest Cable, Freeview
Pacman1854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: problem with LW055 Sweex Wireless Router

I've been directed to this thread as I've had no end of problems with this router, and I've had it less than a week.

Had the same connection problems as above, trying to get it to 'talk' to Virgin Media, but having read the various replies on here I might be able to get it working.

Problem now is that, when I plug the router in as I have done previously, the PC will not now find it.

Originally, when I connected to the PC it would show on the 'Network' screen in Windows, and there would just be a cross between the router and the internet. I then disconnected it all in frustration. Based on the answers on here, particularly about the set-up screen which I could get into, I thought I'd have another go and connected it back up, but now as well as the cross between the router and the internet there is a yellow triangle between the PC and the router, which is now doesn't show as a router but as an unknown network.

No matter how I connect/disconnect the modem/router/PC it now won't find the router so I can't even get to the point of getting to it's set-up screen as Windows says it's not there.

Before it all gets packed up and sent back (possibly in little pieces) does anyone know why Windows won't now find it, and what's changed??
Pacman1854 is offline   Reply With Quote