View Single Post
Old 13-01-2008, 14:51   #23
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin VoD vs. Sky Anytime - Content

My opinions? Both have good points, and both have problems.

VM's pros are conveniance, and amount of content (especially if you don't mind paying). Also, quick (sometimes near instant) access to everything.

cons: The service *can* be unreliable. As pointed out above, it can cause crashes. There are also problems with some programmes being missed. Major pain in the behind there. Especially if you are following a serial. Also, the service doesn't currently include ITV (not a major problem for me, but a lot of people do watch it).

Now, I can't comment too much on Sky Anytime, as I haven't used it much, but here is my opinion.

Pros: Includes every channel you subscribe to.

cons: Uses up half your hard drive space. Anything you want to watch that isn't on the hard drive requires you to start up your PC, and download it from their P2P service (which may take a while).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote