View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 23:44   #44
tybalt21
Inactive

tybalt21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teena61 View Post
Well judging by the amount of people who are paying £10 to £15 to find out their credit rating after being failed for 'NO GOOD REASON' It seems to be a nice little earner for them. They refuse you a good credit rating and you pay to find out why! marvolous!
A nice little earner for who? Virgin? They, the same as anyone else who offers contracts or serivces of "buy now pay later" and such like to customers don't "earn" money from people checking their credit scores with other companies. It's the other companies who hold the information on credit ratings that get paid to produce a report for you if you want one, they aren't forcing them down peoples throats, but if someone is genuinely surprised to fail it's something you can ask for to see why you have a bad score, I've had one done out of interest just to see what my score was and didn't mind paying a company whose business it is to supply this sort of thing a few pounds (Literally under £6).

Exactly how many people do you think are checking their credit scores? I've counted maybe a handful of people on this thread who were discussing checking their scores to see why they failed as they had Media services, a failed credit check, as far as I'm aware, doesn't just go on the person applying and whether you have cash in your account. Your houses history / how long you have lived at your current address / missed payments on previous borrowings and your current status among other things can have an impact on whether you are allowed credit or not from anywhere, not just Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media.
tybalt21 is offline   Reply With Quote