Thread: Rugby Rugby Union Thread
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2007, 22:10   #206
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rugby Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_r View Post
But every other country does it - can you imagine the French commentators not mentioning their chances in the final if they'd won last night? Admittedly there is a difference with itv covering the UK and not just England but even so, if Wales or Scotland were the team in the final I'm sure the commentators would be talking about them.
Yes, but its not been about the final, their first match had a descriptive clip of each England player....all the other UK teams and Ireland just got the usual positional graphic.

Greenwood took every opportunity to mention England where he could. OK, so its his first time, but I hope someone in ITV has picked this up and told him to cool off a bit....which he did appear to do in the second half.

He can do all the gushing he likes in the final, I don't care, nor will the rest of the UK.