Thread: Rugby Rugby Union Thread
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2007, 21:43   #198
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rugby Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_r View Post
What on earth do you expect though? I'm not watching the game but I assume he's mentioning the England players in relation to the final? I agree it can be annoying but the facts are that England are playing the winners of this game in the final, so if you're watching the game on a British tv channel with an English summariser it's pretty silly to expect anything else.
I expect a balanced commentary, not one heavily waited and overley gushing about Englands performance over France.

I will be the first to admit that England have done extremely well given their history since the last world cup, but there were other teams in the UK playing, I don't remember seeing brief clips of each player before their matches, describing themselves and what postions they played.

Sorry, all due respect to England for where they are now, but Greenwoods commentary was too much all about England yesterday.

He even ressurected a few swipes at NZ, come on, the guy is a total moron, and I hope that is the last TV appearance he makes.