View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 23:38   #7
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Wireless - icon showing turned off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Its the intel software wireless utility icon in the system tray, still showing as off

EDIT: Just refreshed my wireless connection and its showing as working again now, very weird!
My pcs do that all the time perticually vista even on the wired connection.

the systray icon is sometimes very slow to change I will have sometimes managed to open up thunderbird and will be downloading emails from the server and signed onto windows live messenger before vista notices its on-line

Had a friends PC running XP that was being used with a cheapo generic Wireless adaptor that would usually tell you that it had no network connection.

Yet it was perfectly possible to surf the internet on this machine with no problem, and the status leds on the Adaptor showed a connection it was just windows that was inisiting it wasn't connected.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote